What We Do
Alcohol, computer games, drugs, eating problems, gambling, pornography, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), spending
• We are experienced in helping people overcome drink, drug, gambling or other addictions such as shopping, computer games or pornography.
(See below for information relating specifically about Gambling).
Loneliness, panic attacks, phobias, eating disorders, worry, depression, lethargy
• Anxiety can come in many forms: from panic attacks to social anxiety, from the fear of what the future might hold, or from specific phobias related to situations or objects. But whatever its form, anxiety can be a crippling experience.
• Fear may at times be rather undefined and include general feelings of futility and loneliness.
• Past and the future are at times ‘over-focussed’, but with our help you will be able to experience and appreciate the present.
Insomnia, oversleeping, lack of energy or motivation, guilt, worthlessness, suicidal thoughts, self-hate, self-harm, withdrawal from friends, family and pastimes, numbness
• Feeling sad or miserable on a regular or long-term basis may be a sign you are depressed
• Contact us for help to begin your path to recovery.
Bereavement, still-birth, miscarriage, abortion, redundancy, job loss
• Loss is something that happens to most of us at some point in our lives. However, the process of coming to terms with it doesn’t always run smoothly, and if you’re presently unable to ‘move on’ we can help you find your way through this difficult time – and show you ways to resolve the problem.
Lacking in confidence, or suffering from chronic illness, lethargy, self-harm, anger, jealousy, unhappy relationships, problems at work, depression, suicidal thoughts
• If you are presently suffering stress you will know just how intensely disabling it can be.
• We will give you some practical tips on how to manage better in the short term, and show you how to find a permanent way out of the pernicious loop.
• Re-discovering the ability to express your true self may be part of the solution for you.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), accidents, physical, sexual or emotional abuse (past or present)
• Resolving the aftermath of a trauma can often be an arduous journey. We recognise that it can take time to fully integrate the experience
• We know how important it is to provide a safe place to talk about your experience. We will work with you to enhance your own resources to reduce the pressure you might be feeling.
Unhappy relationships with family or friends, problems finding a partner, failed relationships, problems at work, problems with sexuality or loneliness
• All of us have experienced relationship difficulties at some time in our lives. It is part of the human condition. And of course this can be at work, with friends or family. We will support you in making the changes you want in your relationships.
For more information about our face to face and online counselling services call the counsellor nearest to you (see our Counselling Locations page or Contact Us page), or email us at email@example.com.
If you leave a message we aim to get back to you within 8 hours.
All of us deal with the uncertainties of life in our own individual ways – but there are times when some of us feel very much alone when having to face and overcome particular problems.
However, whatever concerns you may be presently dealing with, you don’t need to feel alone. Over the years we have sensitively and successfully helped many people overcome numerous difficulties.
We always adapt a course of therapy to individual needs.
Our experience covers a broad range of concerns, including: